Skip to main content

A note from the Pastor



Dear Friends, 

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
  ~Psalm 118:24 

There are days that pass that feel as though they never began; starts and stops, interruptions and interruptions to the interruptions and then wondering what had been interrupted in the first place. 

For these days, I give thanks, but I don't always get there on my own.

Let the Light In - Taha Afshar
Sometimes, at the outset I can forget what my life is to be about and I set my mind to working, to making progress, to accomplishing tasks and goals, to following the usual routines. Then, I am graciously distracted by a new beginning. The sun peers effortlessly through the sheer
curtain hanging from my window and because I have decided to look up and to let the light in, I can begin again. 

This time, from the inside out I am guided by a love that sees beyond the task, through the paper, beneath the words, and from the light I am beckoned to come along on the journey-- rather than stumbling or barreling my way through, one task at a time. 

Today, I am thankful for the simple gifts that lead me towards the light; 
     *For my family whose loves grounds me in my Spirit self
     *For people who see beyond the tasks and routines
     *For the Church for whom bringing light is the task
     *For YOU with whom I am blessed to walk in the light

Holy One, 
When we are misguided, or traveling a lonely path, call us to look up and let the light in. May you bless us with new beginnings this day and all of our days. Amen. 

Rev. Jenny Shultz-Thomas