Skip to main content

Pastor’s Letter


Dear Friends,
     "God has established the world; it shall never be moved; your throne is established from of old;
you are from everlasting.
     The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their
roaring. More majestic than the thunders of mighty waters, more majestic than the waves of the
sea, majestic on high is the Lord!” Psalm 93:1b-4

This week, and last, our family has been battling sickness. First it was a virus, then strep throat and now the flu!

Just yesterday, I dropped Sage off at preschool, and as I turned to walk out the door, I noticed his right cheek covered in hives. That in itself is no big deal, but because he is finishing an antibiotic for strep throat, and because his Mama was at home with the flu, and he was getting ready to board a bus to go on his first field trip, his teacher looked at me, (Mommy) and I knew I had only one option: Get on the bus, Mommy!

As I gathered with a herd of preschoolers, taking groups to and from the bathroom, my mind was flooded with distractions of the many things that were left undone, and the many more that would find their way to my inbox, my calendar, or my cell phone.

Our lives are full. Whether we are working, in school, retired or somewhere in between, our human minds never tire of busying us with distraction. The next time anxiety threatens to captivate you in
the "present", and floods your thoughts like a race without a finish line, remember: "The floods have lifted up their voice, the floods lift up their roaring, but more majestic than the thunders of mighty waters, more majestic than the waves of the sea, the Lord is majestic on high; and will not be moved!”

May you know the peace of a majestic God, and the stability of God's everlasting reign!

Spirit is leading the way,

Jenny Shultz-Thomas