Skip to main content

health care & Facebook

"No one should die because they cannot afford health care, and no one should go broke because they get sick. If you agree, please post this as your status for the rest of the day."
I, too, have joined those who posted this message as my Facebook status. I've also posted this on the Community United Church of Christ page for comments by the group.
Why?
On Swampland: a blog about politics (my first time reading there), bethnva said that the problem with the current debate is that we've forgotten this obvious truth because the news coverage is focused on the sensational falsehoods and side topics. And latinasoccermom pointed out that all the Facebook posts won't make any difference if we don't contact our legislators.
So, once again I'm going to contact my legislators, this time with the simple phrase above. Because keeping things the way they are is simply not acceptable. They hear from the folks who don't like this plan or that provision. What they need to hear loudest of all is that we want health care for our families and our neighbors more than we fear the plan that Congress chooses.
Add my voice...
No one should die because they cannot afford health care,
and no one should go broke because they get sick.