Skip to main content

Change

March 12, 2015

From the intentional interim pastor

          Change:  to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone:
            I often like change.  I like to redecorate.  I like to move plants around in the yard.  I like to rearrange things.  I like the change I like.
            I’m not so fond of changes that affect my life in negative way.  I don’t like it when one of our children is in pain or a grandchild is disappointed.  I don’t like it when my father’s health takes a turn for the worst and I don’t like it when I can’t understand why people are so mean to each other. 
            I guess I don’t like all change.  Maybe you understand what I mean.  We like the change we like, and we don’t like the change we don’t like.
If you are reading one of the gospels in the Bible with me you realize that things are changing for the disciples, and they don’t even know it.  I love the Gospel of Mark as it is the story of how the faith of the disciples grew.  It tells the story of how the disciples went from being ordinary people, like you and me, to really and truly being FOLLOWERS OF JESUS!  Can you imagine what that must have been like?  Can you imagine how they must have changed as they walked with Jesus?  Can you imagine what they saw as they looked at their world with new eyes? 
As we get closer to Good Friday, then Easter, let’s look around our world with new eyes and ears.  If it was good for the disciples, it has to be good for us, too.

See you in church,
Pastor Peg

Prepare for this Sunday’s youth-led worship by reading the scripture:  Matthew 22:36-39