Skip to main content

It's an honor

April 23, 2015

From the intentional interim pastor

            Last Saturday I had the honor and privilege of officiating at the wedding of two young women who were members of my church back in Lafayette, Indiana.  After 22 years together, they are finally married.  I choked back tears more than once.

            On Tuesday, April 28, at 10:30 a.m. I will experience another honor. I have been invited to bring the opening prayer as we remember the construction workers who were killed in downtown Raleigh on March 23.  This service will remember these workers, and other workers who have lost their lives in the past year.  It is part of the Workers Memorial Week.    We will gather at the site where the March accident occurred.  I will share more information with you as I have it.

            Perhaps you will join me as we honor and remember the lives lost.  Let us stand in solidarity with those who build our buildings and keep them maintained.  Let us stand beside the families who have lost their loved ones.  Let us join together as brothers and sisters who love each other.

            I truly am honored to have been asked, and I suspect I will, once again, be choking back some tears.

Prayers for the journey,

Pastor Peg