Skip to main content

For Mom

(a poem by Kerry Little, Joan's daughter-in-law)

I am at the water’s edge contemplating, grieving and being.....
Come with me.
I envision Joan paddling with ease.

Her kindness has carried us across the water.
Her strength is solid and grounded as the strong oak on the shore.
Her faith is deep and pure.
She is calm and peaceful as the lake on a perfect summer day.

She is everywhere.
Her love is vast, colorful and alive.
Brilliant, Majestic, Reliable as the setting sun.
I breathe into it and let the beauty envelope me.
My heart fills, My eyes tear
For she is always with me, next to me, within me.

As the setting sun disappears into the dusk I hold my breath wanting this image to last... forever.
Then I remember the sun will rise and set tomorrow as I inhale deeply.

Kerry Little
February 2009