Skip to main content

Publicizing church events and activities

For the past year or so we've been using an "Upcoming Events" box on the home page of the CUCC website to focus attention on the most important all-church activities slated for the near future. However, there has been an increasing level of discussion as to what sorts of events are appropriate for front page news coverage. In an effort to expand the number and nature of activities that can merit front page mention, I've temporarily replaced the front page "Upcoming Events" box with a list of tweets (i.e. via Twitter) that point to near term church activities. The advantages that this offers are:
  1. Since it's a scrolling list, a small amount of turf can display a large amount of information.
  2. This opens participation to others. Anyone who wants to tweet info pointing to an upcoming church activity can do so, and I'll flag the tweet so that it appears in the list.
This list is moderated (by me), so there won't be junk or spam appearing in the list. And I'll purge activities to keep the list current. If you have an upcoming church activity that you wish to mention in this list, drop me a brief e-mail to let me know, and I'll "tweet" it for you. If you want to use Twitter yourself for this purpose, just let me know your Twitter ID so that I can follow you on Twitter and flag the appropriate tweets so they will appear in the list.

This should be used ONLY for publicizing church activities. In general I'd suggest using this blog for full descriptions of church activities, and using the method described above to point to your blog post. And the Twitter Chat page remains available for commenting about anything you like.