Skip to main content

Why I want you to join me at Wild Goose Festival

Right in our own backyard (Shakori Hills, near Pittsboro), we have a chance to hear some of the most influential Christian writers, speakers, thinkers, innovators of our time.  Just down the road we have a chance to experience the Church as vital, exciting, life-giving, deeply spiritual, and faithful.  An hour away we can worship with people from all over North America, talk to them about faith and the arts, the arts and justice, justice and worship.

Who might be renewed and energized by Wild Goose (finding something of themselves, seeing who they might become)?
Taize folks & Tai Chi/yoga spiritual practioners
Parents who hope their children will stay connected to the Church
Children who love to explore God's world, dance & sing, and be artists
Social Justice Ministry advocates who want to build coalitions
Community Outreach Ministry life-changers who want to explore new practices that work
Choir members who love new music and any opportunity to sing
Book lovers and deep thinkers who thirst for knowledge
People who are discouraged by the aging of the Church or by their own stuck-places or by the ways in which we disappoint ourselves as the Church

Why do I know this will be so terrific?
Some of my "heros" - folks like Sojourners' Jim Wallis and preachers James Forbes and Vince Harding - will be there.  I'll get to hear Richard Rohr, finally.  There are practical people, out-of-the-box justice people presenting:  folks with great ideas for advocacy, for direct service. On the list I find soulmates in those who think deeply about God, do their homework, work in coalitions with love & mutual respect, and then ACT.  We'll learn new music and faith practices.  Steve and I met some of the presenters at Big Tent and I have been following their blogs, reading their books and sermons. 

Why do I want you there?
Because I truly believe you will find something of deep spiritual value.
Because I expect to be changed and, frankly, don't want to come back to CUCC alone to try to explain what I've experienced.
Because I need you to keep the stars out of my eyes, to help me discover what of all of this might strengthen CUCC and what just isn't us.
Because it will be more fun with you than without you!