Skip to main content

Driving ...

My life has changed drastically since coming to CUCC as your intentional interim pastor. The biggest change is driving from our home in Durham to the church here in Raleigh. There are a lot of people out there driving from one place to another. And they drive fast and a little crazy sometimes.

On my drive this morning, a small SUV cut behind the car in the middle lane to swerve over in front of me in the outside lane, almost clipping the back right bumper. Then seconds later the driver cut back into the middle lane several cars in front of the car he had almost clipped. That probably took 10 seconds and before I knew it I could no longer see the SUV. I prayed for all those in the path of that driver.

People are living busy lives these days. We have too many things to do and it is hard to keep up with the important things in life.

Is that true for you as well?

Wednesday, February 18, at 7:00pm, I hope you will join us in the sanctuary for Ash Wednesday service. It will be a Taize-style service with and the imposition of the ashes. I’m looking forward to beginning Lent with this opportunity to center myself. Maybe it will help my stress level when dealing with crazy drivers out there!

See you in church, Peg