|Bidding continues |
through July 17, 8PM
Can't find the silent auction website? Contact email@example.com.
Make your bids on some lovingly crafted items, special finds, and more.
Check out all the items from Mary Matthews, Beth Allison-Moon, Eric Burkhardt, Ian Burkhardt, Mac Hulslander, Jo & Ann Retzer, our Tutor Extraordinaire, Betsy Towler, the Stoddards, and Bill Lamb!
Live Auction Recap
Last Saturday 54 CUCCers gathered on zoom for the live portion of our auction and raised $1680 (a preliminary estimate) for 10 items. While a quarter of our usual $ total for this event, we had fewer than a quarter of our usual number of items on which to bid. Several items were offered in multiples, making for a lively evening. Just as vital are the connections forged and maintained during an hour of online generosity and fun.
- Our half hour cocktail and mingling intro time turned into a roundtable of sharing stories about cigarettes from our youths!
- Pastor Lacey served as our host and cracked a joke or two, including - “For those of you who haven’t met me, I’m your pastor.”
- We oogled and aaahed over our baby picture slide show. Skip and Nancy both look like they did as young’uns!
- Mics were left open and bidding conducted thru the chat box - a risky option that resulted in folks mostly behaving!
- Jeff Langenderfer served as our live auctioneer and even surprised us with a basket of peaches he put up for bid.
- Chuck Porterhouse made a surprise appearance to open the mystery box won by Autumn Cobeland. Who knew he wore that suit at home?!
- Linda Baker’s gorgeous quilt came back into the auction and yielded us the highest bid at $300.
- Tim Jensen served as the Silent Auctioneer, demonstrating the website he created for us. What a talent!
Once again, CUCC has made the best of being the church in these trying times. Gratitude and love go out to all who donated items, bid on items, sent in baby pictures, made the evening work and had a hand in bringing us together for this event.
Check out the silent auction! Requests have already come in for a fall auction to round out this important “pole" holding up the budget “tent.” Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and watch this space!
Take good care and thanks for being the church!