CUCC has a great diversity of talents and interests among our members, and we need some of you to help us out. Are you looking for a more active way to participate in our community, and a meaningful way to serve the Church? The nominating committee is looking for anyone who wants to help with a ministry or committee. Some of these will look different until we’re meeting in person again, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if anything interests you!
Here are some of the ministries that need more volunteers:
• Welcoming and Fellowship- helps us welcome new people and creates events where we can deepen our friendships.
• Ushers- are the behind the scenes hosts at worship.
• Stewardship Ministry - invites us to offer our talents and money to the ministries of CUCC, and stewards the financial gifts that are offered.
• Sacraments and Chancel - enhances worship through the beauty of natural arrangements on the communion table, banners, and vestments. We also prepare the communion elements.
• Religious Education Ministry - provides opportunities for CUCCers of all ages to continue to grow our faith intellectually.
• Property Ministry - puts us to work as good stewards of our buildings and grounds.
• Justice in a Changing Climate Task Force - assists the congregation across ministries in addressing the climate crisis, especially attending to those with the fewest resources.
• Do Justice Ministry - connects us to opportunities to advocate for changes in systems so they are more just.
• Community Outreach Ministry- mobilizes us to provide direct services to people in the community and around the world.
• Communications Committee - stewards our online and paper communications tools so we can welcome those we have yet to meet and stay connected to each other.
• Caring - coordinates ministry and support for members of the congregation who face health crises or personal problems. We celebrate, too - births, major anniversaries and birthdays.
• Arts in Worship - infuses art and creativity into our worship services and community.
Submitted by Nancy Stoddard, Nominating Committee Chair